Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Here's Looking at You, Ben


This past weekend was the first I spent in DC. It was super and exciting and now I'm sad to be in Croton but that's not what this post is about. This post is about what I did on my way home from DC on a very rainy and traffic-plagued Sunday evening. Deep in the wilds of New Jersey, I stoped somewhere, it doesn't really matter where, and got to do my favorite thing in the world. That's right, I got to look at Ben Jorns!

Ben, since I don't think you've posted yet, I will tell everyone about your new room (haha i was in Ben's room! scandaloous!!!!) Ben is living in the graduate college which looks just like Branford. His room has white walls and dark wood trim, just like Branford. The courtyard, slightly less beautiful (and dark and rainy), but most definitely Branford-esque. So now all Ben needs to do is find some new girls to make faces at from across the dining hall and he'll feel right at home!

After I got to see Ben's room, we went to a delish Indian food buffet for dinner. It was sooo good. While we were standing up and getting our food, I heard US! Right there, in an Inian Restaurant in Doesn't Matter, NJ, was Sabbath Slammasters in all its glory. All of a sudden, it stopped, as ben said "Hey Pop". That's right, Bens ring tone is still rocking. It was super exciting.

Our dinner was way too short and filled with TMI on my part and nerdy talk on Ben's, but oh boy was it fun. I highly reccommend stopping in on Ben whenever you are traveling through the Garden State. He may be somewhere that doesn't matter and studying something that is way over our heads, but he is still pretty fun.

And there you have it, an update on Ben's life because there is nothing to update with mine.

oh ps, Ben is very excited for the undergrads to come to campus- in his words, "That's the nice thing about undergrads, I keep getting older, but they stay the same age" and "I'm not a TA yet, so it's not sketchy".

4 comments:

Gilene said...

awwwwwwwwwwwwww

Diana said...

hehe aw Ben's gonna be a TA! it'll be awesome!

also I scrolled down to see who wrote the post because I thought it might be Ben writing about himself including a picture...
"Hey guys, it's Ben, and I've been looking at myself..."

alifrazz said...

oh guess what really random thing happened! last week chris and i met up with steven syverud, who chris was friends with at yale, and some of steven's friends from yale 06. After hanging out with this one guy for a few hours, learning that he had recently moved from DC and that he had a good friend named Doug, we realized that he was Doug's former roommate! isn't it funny that the first new person we make friends with in San Francisco used to live in the exact room where Jenny will soon be living?

Anonymous said...

I would like to exchange links with your site www.blogger.com
Is this possible?