Saturday, May 31, 2008

Coffee and Sunshine

Hey guys!

I'm so sad I missed graduation and seeing you all! I didn't know everyone was going (not that I could have made it anyway). Sounds amazing. Interesting that Tony Blair is still considered "more important" than Obama.

Chris, congrats on moving on in your career. Sounds like you're really gettin' it done. And considering my last job paid $5.00/hour (illegal, I know), I have to admit, it sounds like you're livin' the high life :-)

As for me, the sun is finally out in England. It'll probably only last for a day, but for the moment, I'm enjoying it so much! My masters thesis is due in 6 days, but I'm making progress so hopefully there won't be too many all-nighters required before that. Engineers aren't supposed to have to write long papers! Now I know how all you non-group-IV majors felt before! But alas... there is no Discuss at Cambridge to keep me company at night.

I've been rowing this year for my college and we have our big race coming up next Friday as well, so I'm getting super pumped for that. Hope I don't die.

Also, I decided to head West next year to do a Ph.D. at Berkeley/UCSF in bioengineering so Chris and Ali... I'll be coming your way :-) I'll really miss being able to hop on a plane for a weekend trip to Italy, but I'm excited to start on that epic journey. I think I'm going to be in school until I'm 80.

Anyway, sounds like you all are doing wonderful things and changing the world! I can't believe it's already been a year since we graduated!

Does anyone know how to make this blog send you an email when someone posts things?

~Kelly

3 comments:

Diana said...

I might've finally figured it out. =P I'm so impressed by you schooling types! I'm getting dumber every day!

And rowing? Intense!

Hudson said...

I agree with Diana...not only am I getting dumber by the day, I can't use big words anymore without getting laughed at. Its turning me into an even worse Rand follower.

Unknown said...

Hey Kelly, thanks for remembering that I'm in the bay area, too, biatch. smack that.