Thursday, June 5, 2008

A bit delayed...

I'm definitely bummed that I didn't get to see the gang in New Haven over Memorial Day -- not to mention Blair and Beatley-legends (complete with D-port flags, apparently!). Still, though, it was time well-spent: Michael and I flew to Clarion via Pittsburgh and were joined on Saturday by Michael's mom and dad, who had never been to my little piece of the Appalachian foothills before. Aside from it being really nice for them to see me and my parents on our home turf, it was also really nice to celebrate Mike's and my engagement with both sets of parents.

Yes, you read that right: Michael and I are engaged!

According to numerous sources in the greater Clarion metropolitan area, engagement is closely tied to imminent wedding plans. This comes as news to me, who thought there'd be a nice grace period to adjust to the extra weight on my left hand before adding to it any further. In any case, though, we haven't even decided what state to get married in (PA? MA? Indiana? [Where I'm headed into a linguistics PhD program in August @ IU]), let alone a date. For now, we're just enjoying the new, happy status!

4 comments:

Katie said...

Congrats!!

Hudson said...

Congratulations Beth! That's awesome. =)

Gilene said...

Beth!!! Congratulations, oh, I'm really happy for you! :D

Leslie said...

YAY!!!! Congratulations, both of you!!