Friday, June 13, 2008

Floods!

Luckily I live pretty far away from any creeks or rivers, but the entirety of downtown cedar rapids is under water. The river swallowed up tons of buildings, including a Dairy Queen, the water reached its roof! Bridges are closed, and since yesterday, the plant I work in has had to shut down, because the city water supply is dangerously low.
So here I am, with water my horde of water (in a nice little variety of containers: glasses, mixing bowls, bathtub), and am prepared for a long haul in case I get water shut down.

Luckily I have electricity and internet, plus the water in town has crested.

Other rivers in iowa have yet to reach their crest, and over the next few days will be getting fucked up by water as well!

Damn I wish I had a hovercraft. Or one of those things they use on duck tours (ducks?).

Anyway, thought I'd let you guys know! Bracing for the long possibly waterless weekend!

Warren

2 comments:

Diana said...

they're using the amphibious boats (those duck boats) used for tours in other states to help rescue people!

maybe you'll see one around...

Hudson said...

Any update Warren? Are you still high and dry?