Friday, June 20, 2008

I Feel Old...

From Discuss:

"So, I'm about to go on an awesome camping trip, and for the purposes of this trip, my friends and I are all contributing some of our favorite songs for rockin' out to the group playlist. The problem is, I have no idea a few of the greatest YPMB songs are called by their real names.

If you could help me out with any of the following names, I will love you forever.

Sabbath Slammasters

Kick his ass, seabass

Madness of King George"


I understand Seabass, but Saturday Night's Alright for Fighting and Basketcase shouldn't be that hard, should they? Oy vey.

4 comments:

Beth said...

I remember having to ask about Basketcase. Actually, I find questioning the Seabass particularly disturbing. Isn't that one of the things that should be asked about early on and fully indoctrinated by hockey season?

Nice to get a smidge of discuss, though -- in this cloud of Hahvahd lameness I've all but forgotten that college can be fun!

jennybeth said...

Hudson, I was so confused when I first read this because I missed the "From Discuss" part.

i'm not sure whether this is an age thing (ie the poster being young) or just an exposure to pop culture thing. I'm leaning towards the latter..

Hudson said...

I think you said it best, Beth...a smidge of discuss is awesome. I'm probably going to ask off relatively soon, since I feel creepy being on it sometimes, and also its just turned into a youtube posting board. But there's definitely some good stuff from time to time.

Diana said...

maybe the kids don't know green day. who are these kids listening to these days?

I think in the case of Sabbath and Madness that maybe they just didn't know the formal title but they knew the song. the older the song the less likely I'll know the title. all I remembered "Saturday's Alright for Fighting" by used to be "oh that song that's just like SATURDAY! SATURDAY! SAAAATURDAY!"

but I lacked pop culture growing up. :-) yay asianhood. I don't think I've ever heard an NKOTB song.