Wednesday, October 31, 2007

A Big Break

Wow, things have moved soo fast lately. Just a week ago I got a phone call from my boss telling me that he was moving up to the AHL (AAA level for hockey) and that his job was therefore open. I overnighted my tape and resume, got a phone call on Friday, meeting on Monday, and bam!

I'm the new Voice of the Trenton Devils!

I'm sooo excited! The pay is meagre, to say the least, but I'll be the play-by-play man for the rest of the 72 game season, plus any playoff games we manage to get into. I'll be traveling down to Florida and throughout the east coast, while also handling PR for the team. I even have interns working for me (which just might be a little awkward, considering I was an intern just this past Friday).

I'll be sending out an email in about a week with my new email address and links and the like, but if you're interested here's the website for the team: www.trentondevils.com. My first game on the air is next weekend, and all the broadcasts will be free of charge over the air (I'll have details for how to get them, as well). The biggest bummer of all will be that I won't be at the Game because of it =(, but I'll be there in spirit and try to be in Princeton for the game there.

I'm also moving to Philly, since its really close to Trenton and I'd rather live in a big city. Does anyone know any other Yalies who are in the City of Brotherly Love? And even better yet, might be looking for a roommate? Let me know.

I hope everyone's doing well! Lets see more updates =).

--Chris

2 comments:

Justin said...

Hudson, that is AWESOME! Congratulations! and tell those interns to GET YOU SOME DAMN COFFEE!

Jon Barsa said...

Congrats Chris! It's great to see that your dreams are coming true.