Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Historical Roots

Hi all!

Guess what I did yesterday. Went to the hardware store, bought a few mums (potted flowers, for you un-botanically inclined) for the apartment, carried the mums back to the apartment (ick), wrote two rough drafts of applications essays and watched a little TV. Notice, therefore, what I did not do: assist research.

Nope, I wasn't fired: Harvard had yesterday off. Columbus Day. I think graduate programs outside the school of arts and sciences had classes, but that's beside the point. What's with these pansies? Those of you with friends or classmates or whatever that went to It-Which-Must-Not-Be-Named might have known their schedule, but I was shocked. What days did we get off? Oh, right. Not days -- day. Martin Luther King Jr. Day only. Pretty hardcore, if I do say so myself.

Ben, I'm assuming that you guys had yesterday off as well, but is Yale in the minority or the majority here? Gilene, what did UCLA do? Iowa? Just curious. :o)

In other news, Michael got 2 tickets to game six of the Cleveland/Red Sox series via an online lottery -- we're both hoping A) the Red Sox win and B) they win slowly enough to make it to game 6. Wish us luck!

3 comments:

Gilene said...

Ummm, I didn't even realize it was a holiday. :p

Warren said...

I don't know about other schools, but the guy I'm dating (a TA/grad student going to university of iowa) had classes). I was shocked myself that it was a holiday, I only found out when I took a nice 5 minute drive to the post office, only to be shocked by its locked doors :(

alifrazz said...

yay warren - you sure didn't waste much time finding a boy toy! you should post a picture of your lovah...