Thursday, September 27, 2007

The Game?

Howdy, everyone!

Are any of you going to The Game this year? It's about (past?) time to start looking at plane tickets and so I'm taking a poll...

I guess a poll isn't very blog-like, so I'll add a personal story to make up for it. My life is kinda boring, even in the celebrity gossip capital of America. In that spirit, though, I do have one story:

I went to a company party/dinner several weeks ago at my boss's house in the ritzier area of Santa Monica (not to be confused with the not-so-ritzy area of Santa Monica where I live). We only have 15 employees, so it was a pretty small party. As we were all arriving at his house, we passed an ambulance on its way out of the neighborhood. A while later, various reporters from People and Us magazine and so forth started ringing the doorbell, asking if we know anything, and paparazzi began to appear en masse, camping out in their cars with cameras and a spotlight. Turns out that my boss lives across the street from Owen Wilson, who apparently tried to off himself right before out party. So yeah, that was my recent brush with Hollywood greatness. I bet you're all impressed, right? :)

10 comments:

jennybeth said...

wow k knox i read about that on perezhilton.com! you are living the dream.

I will be at the game for sure, and am gonna go up for the dartmouth game/ BAlumni Weekend a week from saturday. Will I see any of your lovely faces there?

Kristin said...

Where are you staying in New Haven?

Beth said...

I read about that on thesuperficial.com! Sad, but exciting that you were in true celebrity country.

Michael and I will also definitely be at the Game, and we're probably going to be heading to alumni weekend as well. I'm not sure where we'll be staying in New Haven, although I think LoPresti's was bandied about by most of 05 last night when we were talking about it. So, there, I guess?

jennybeth said...

oh yes i wonder where ill stay. maybe ill take advantage of some cute freshman and be a sketchy alum/ben

Mike said...

I'll be at the Game and alumni weekend as well. I'll probably also try to make it to the Princeton game since it's so close to here, if anybody else is interested in that.

As for housing, I'm probably going to bum a room off of one of the current bandies, preferably one who won't be having parents come visit so I'm not robbing them of sleeping space.

Diana said...

I'll be at The Game!
Have no idea where I'm gonna stay.

...

just thought you should know that I was just about to take a drink of water from a cup I filled not more than an hour ago.
and there's a bug in it that wasn't there before.
I don't know what to make of this.

clicking publish your comment now. =P

Hudson said...

I'll be both at The Game and the Alumni game! I'm not sure about The Game, but I'll probably be staying with Errol or one of the '08ers for the Dartmouth game. Oh, and I'm going up on Thursday to come to Yorkside, if anyone's getting in early!

Diana said...

ya think we'll need tickets for the alumni game? I just realized I don't have much to do this weekend until Monday. not sure I should drop the monies to go...

Anonymous said...

Yay dead people coming to visit! Y'all can stay in my common room if you need to, but do know that I'm hosting the Friday YCB PRR, so you'll have to help me clean up if you don't want to sleep amidst boozy solo cups.

I'm sure the rest of '09 would love to host y'all as well.

And Jenny, just say the word, and I'll pick out a cute freshman for you.

Jon Barsa said...

Hell yeah I'm coming to The Game. Yale football has been awesome so far this year, and I miss the YPMB. I'm not sure about accommodations, but I'll figure out something.