Sunday, June 10, 2007

Hanging by a thin thread of stolen internet

Well, I am now moved into my new apartment! The phone was indeed set-up, but the DSL was not. In fact, Verizon is still verifying that they can even give me DSL service. They are updating me via e-mail. Which is great, since I don't really have internet access.

Virginia is a friendlier land than NY. I think I had already decided this when my sister moved to Fairfax for a year about, wow, 8 years ago? My mom got at least 3 "Oh, is she starting college? Oh, no? Oh but she looks so young!" Also I passed a "Jesus Book Store" the other day.

Been chillin' out with my new plant and betta fish, tentatively named "Bonblau". I may stay here for 2 years due to the sheer amount of effort needed to settle in. Played a bit of Stepmania on my computer and I found out that if you play and then look at something on the wall (like a light switch) it looks like it's moving down. Which is creepy.

Here is a pic of Bonblau! He doesn't like the camera. Also you can't tell what he really looks like 'cuz he's blue and so is the bottle. I welcome name suggestions!

4 comments:

Warren said...

Props for having your fish in a Nalgene.

Hudson said...

Definitely...though don't lose him, like I did to one of my fish once when I left him in a nalgene on the ferry.

Diana said...

He's not so much in a Nalgene, as he is in a generic polycarbonate bottle from Walmart. :-) My mom might bring a real fish bowl from home sometime.

Mike said...

There's a Jesus Book Store on Route 1 just outside the Woodbridge Mall. One of these days, I'm gonna have to actually go in there, just to say I've been.