Friday, June 8, 2007

hello

I am in Lawrence, Kansas (a little oasis of liberal, artsy, organic kooky types in the great expanse of bigotry and ignorance, not to put too fine a point on it) living with my sister and her girlfriend and their somewhat crazy kitty. All I do is go to the pool and the gym and read books. I think I might get a part-time job at the grocery store, because I've never had a non-academic job in my five years of employment. It's very nice here.

The end! Hope you all are well.

3 comments:

Diana said...

oh man that sounds awesome. I'm really confused by the grocery store here--Harris Teeter. You bring the cart right up to the cashier and the unload it for you? and bag it? and put it in the cart?...

Gilene said...

The unloading part is weird, but don't they do the rest of that everywhere? Harris Teeter is kind of expensive, I don't usually go there.

Diana said...

Well, I guess they do bag it everywhere eventually, but I'm used to bagging my own stuff while they're ringing things up. Harris Teeter IS expensive, though not as bad as Whole Foods I think. At least I have a supermarket within walking distance. :-)