Monday, June 4, 2007

Paradise City, redux

06520 has its wonderful moments, but really, there's no place like home. So for the next year, 07036 will take the place of the 'Have as my own little paradise city. I'll have no comments about the ugliness we passed through on the Turnpike on our numerous trips to NJ (Penn, Princeton, IHOP, Freedom Tour). My town looks better from the Parkway anyway.

Today I started my first day of work for the summer at the Information Technologies Department of my town's school district, where I've worked for the past three summers. I'll continue here for the foreseeable future, though I can only work part-time (19 hours a week) once the 2007-08 school year starts. When that comes, I'll [hopefully] be working as a substitute teacher in my old high school for the year, alongside the same teachers I tortured during my time there.

If anybody's stopping through the NJ/NYC area at all this summer, let me know! I work a full 8-4 day from Monday-Thursday, but Fridays are negotiable (I'd only be working for 4.5 hours anyway) and you'd be more than welcome to stop by. Or we could try to get people together to meet up in the city sometime. And I'll be heading up to the 'Have for at least a couple of weekends, especially for the purposes of playing YSS Kickball on Thursday nights.

Leave it to me to write the first discernibly long post. Oh well. Much thanks to Diana for such a great idea and getting the ball rolling on this!

No comments: