Saturday, June 23, 2007

I... to tha O.... to tha W A .....

So monday I start working in a large corn plant. The good news so far, is that I'm pretty well set up to start work. I have a two bedroom, 960 sqft apartment that is costing me 830 a month in rent (even though it won't be ready for another 3 weeks, i'm staying in an extended stay hotel until then), I have a car (hooray for financing), and I have steel-toed boots (a req to go to work. There was a store with all these different kinds, including slip-on steel-toed shoes, I was impressed).

Cedar Rapids isn't such a bad place. For one, there are a few tiny hills here and there! And where I'm living, there aren't any corn fields, which makes it seem a lot less desolate. The one thing that has been a little sad is how everyone seems to ask wtf I'm doing there. Taxi driver making small-talk, store clerk after looking at my I.D. when I was buying beer, it seems, it seems like the people here understand that if my driver's license says New Jersey, I should NOT be in Iowa. Regardless, the place around me has a suburban feel to it, and theres a mall and tons of places to buy things around here, so it isn't like I'm deprived here.

I'll post pictures up within the next week or so, because I'm sure you all are DYING to know about Iowa! DYING!!

Warren

2 comments:

Diana said...

well hey...I'm dying to know! I think I'll try and take pictures this weekend and bombard the blog...

Gilene said...

come visit meeeeee